Effective Date: October 1, 2020
McCallWrites.com is owned and operated by Hannah McCall who can be contacted here.
Categories of Data Processing
- Personal Information: We may collect and process personal data, including but not limited to, names, email addresses, profile images, and IP addresses when you subscribe to our newsletter, leave comments on our posts, or contact us through our contact forms. This data is collected to provide you with the services you have requested, such as newsletters, responses to your inquiries, and to enhance your experience on our website.
Additionally, if you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
- Usage Data: We may collect information about how you use our website, including your browsing habits, the pages you visit, and the duration of your visit. This data is collected for analytical purposes to improve our website’s content and user experience. We use third-party services like Google Analytics to help us collect and analyze this data.
Third-Party Data Sharing
We may share your data with third-party service providers who assist us in operating our website and providing our services. These may include:
- Social Plugins: If you choose to use social plugins or share content from our website on social media platforms, your information may be shared with those platforms.
- Gravatar: If you leave a comment on our website, your email address may be processed by Gravatar to display your profile picture next to your comment.
- Web Fonts: We may use web fonts to enhance the visual appearance of our website. These fonts may collect data about your device.
- Visitor comments may also be checked through an automated spam detection service.
As a user, you have certain rights under data protection laws, which may include:
- Right to be Informed: You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data.
- Right to Access: You have the right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- Right to Rectification: You have the right to request corrections to your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to Erasure: You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Right to Restrict Processing: You have the right to request the restriction of processing your personal data in certain situations.
- Right to Data Portability: You have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
- Right to Object: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain situations.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint: If you believe your data protection rights have been violated, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the provided contact information.
Do Not Track Requests
We honor “Do Not Track” requests from web browsers and will not track your online activities if you have enabled this feature.
When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
At McCall Writes, we are committed to safeguarding the information of our visitors. While we employ reasonable measures to protect your data, it’s important to understand that no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage can be guaranteed as 100% secure and infallible.
Your privacy and security are paramount to us, and we continuously strive to enhance our security protocols to provide the utmost protection. We recommend practicing safe online behavior, such as using strong and unique passwords, and keeping your login credentials confidential.
While we cannot ensure absolute security, we are dedicated to maintaining the highest possible standards to protect your information. Your trust in McCall Writes is greatly appreciated, and we are here to address any concerns you may have regarding your privacy and security.
At McCall Writes, we may occasionally use affiliate links in our content. These links are provided as a means to offer additional resources or products that we believe may be of interest to our readers.
When you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase or take another action (such as signing up for a newsletter) on the linked website, we may earn a commission or receive some form of compensation. This compensation helps support our website and allows us to continue creating valuable content for our readers.
Please note that our use of affiliate links does not influence the content, reviews, or recommendations provided on our website. We only promote products or services that we genuinely believe in and think may benefit our audience.
Your trust is of utmost importance to us, and we are committed to transparency. If you have any questions or concerns about our use of affiliate links, please feel free to contact us.
Updates and Further Information
Last Updated: January 13, 2024
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy or our data practices, please contact me.
At McCall Writes, we are committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for our readers and contributors. We encourage open discussions and diverse perspectives. To maintain a positive atmosphere, we have established the following language policy for comments and communications:
- Hate Speech and Discrimination: We do not tolerate comments that contain hate speech, discriminatory language, or derogatory remarks targeting individuals or groups based on race, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic. Such comments will be promptly removed.
- Personal Attacks and Harassment: Comments that include personal attacks, insults, threats, or harassment directed towards authors, contributors, or fellow readers are strictly prohibited and will be removed.
- Profanity and Vulgar Language: The use of profanity, vulgar language, or explicit content is not allowed in our comments section. We encourage thoughtful expression using respectful language.
- Spam and Promotional Content: Comments that serve solely for self-promotion, spamming, or advertising unrelated content will be considered as spam and will be removed.
- Misinformation and Unsubstantiated Claims: Comments containing misleading information, conspiracy theories, or unsubstantiated claims without credible sources will not be permitted in our discussions.
- Off-Topic Discussions: While we encourage diverse viewpoints, comments that are completely unrelated to the blog post’s topic or discussions that significantly deviate from the topic will be moderated or removed.
- Trolling and Disruptive Behavior: Deliberate attempts to disrupt conversations, provoke arguments, or engage in trolling will not be tolerated.
Moderation and Compliance
Our dedicated moderation team actively monitors comments to ensure that our guidelines are upheld. Comments that violate these guidelines will be removed without prior notification. Repeat offenders may face restrictions on their ability to comment on our blog.
Appeal and Contact
If you believe a comment was removed unfairly or have concerns about moderation decisions, we encourage you to reach out to us via our contact page to discuss the issue. We are open to feedback and will address your concerns promptly.
We believe in fostering a space where readers can engage in respectful, thought-provoking discussions. By adhering to these guidelines, we aim to create a welcoming and constructive environment for all participants.
Thank you for being a part of the meaningful conversations at McCall Writes. Your contributions are valued and appreciated.
Terms & Conditions
By accessing McCall Writes (hereafter also referred to as “the Website”), you agree to abide by the following terms and conditions:
1. Content and Use: The content presented on the Website is intended solely for informational purposes and does not constitute professional advice. Your utilization of any information or materials on this site is undertaken at your own risk.
2. Intellectual Property: All content featured on the Website, including but not limited to text, images, graphics, and logos, is the exclusive property of McCall Writes and is safeguarded by copyright laws. Unauthorized use of this content may result in the infringement of copyright and other intellectual property rights.
3. User Conduct: Users are strictly prohibited from engaging in any behavior that may harm, impair, overburden, or disrupt the normal functioning of the Website. Any attempts to interfere with the proper operation of the site are not allowed.
4. External Links: The Website may incorporate links to external websites for supplementary information or resources. McCall Writes does not endorse the content found on these external sites and cannot guarantee their accuracy or reliability.
5. Limitation of Liability: McCall Writes shall not be held liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or punitive damages arising from or related to your use of the Website.
6. Modifications and Termination: We retain the right to modify or terminate the Website at any time without prior notice. Additionally, we may periodically update these terms and conditions, and your continued use of the Website following any changes signifies your acceptance of those modifications.
7. Governing Law: These terms and conditions shall be interpreted and governed in accordance with the laws of the United States of America, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
By using this Website, you consent to these terms and conditions in their entirety. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, we kindly request that you refrain from using the Website.
Last Updated: January 13, 2024
For inquiries or concerns regarding these terms and conditions, please contact us via our contact page.
Thank you for choosing McCall Writes.
All content, including but not limited to text, images, videos, and graphics, displayed on McCall Writes is protected by copyright law. This website and its content are the intellectual property of Hannah McCall, McCall Writes, and its respective authors, unless otherwise stated.
Visitors to McCall Writes are granted a limited license to access and use the content for personal, non-commercial purposes. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, distribution, or modification of our content without explicit written permission from McCall Writes is strictly prohibited and may result in legal action.
You may, however, share our content through social media platforms using the provided sharing tools, provided that you do not alter the content in any way and attribute it to McCall Writes.
For inquiries regarding the use or licensing of McCall Writes’ content, please contact us via our contact page.
We take copyright protection seriously and will vigorously enforce our rights to protect our original content. Thank you for respecting our work and intellectual property.